This week we are launching a new commenting platform on www.greeleytribune.com to improve the process for readers to comment on articles.
The new system powered by Viafoura will make it easier for all visitors to follow trending articles from the community, follow your favorite commenters and be alerted by email when someone replies to a message you have posted.
The system also includes moderation to ensure that our community standards are met.
We ask all participants to follow these basic rules:
- Treat everyone with respect. This means that there are no personal attacks or insults; not threaten or wish to harm another person; no disclosure of anyone else’s personal information; no impersonation of another commenter. A comment that seems intended only to irritate others will be deleted.
- Do not use obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive language. It does nothing to advance the discussion.
- Stay on point. Readers are interested in what you have to say about the article or the substance of other comments. Engaging in unrelated rants only clutters the comment thread.
- Do not post the same comment multiple times. It also clutters the thread – and it can cause the moderation algorithm to block your comments as spam.
- Do not post to our site under multiple accounts. Pick one and stick with it.
- Do not engage in spammy or copyright infringement behavior. Don’t post comments just to direct readers to another website or blog. Do not post the work of others that is copyrighted.
If you see a post that violates our Terms of Service, click “Report” on the post. This will not delete a comment but will alert moderators to the objection. Don’t flag a comment just because you disagree with the person’s point of view.
We do our best to review these reports for moderation in a timely manner. Remember that our comment moderation is subjective – you may find something objectionable when we don’t, or vice versa.
We do not check comments systematically, but if a moderator becomes aware of incorrect information, it will be deleted.