With new news content and blog posts published every minute, it’s impossible to keep up with all the news. And if your job is to keep an eye on the live news feed to discover trends and highlights, you have to make the impossible possible. It’s there that Mediastack REST API can help you. The API lets you access the world of live news data feeds, discover trends and headlines, monitor brands, and access the latest news from around the world. In this article, we’ll take a quick look at the service and tell you all about it.
Mediastack REST API: Key Features and Benefits
The Mediastack API is a powerful REST API that allows you to feed the latest and most popular news articles directly to your website or app. You can use this feed your news aggregation service or use it to discover trends and highlights, so you always make an informed decision. The API gives you access to Global News, allowing you to keep tabs on global trends.
With Mediastack’s REST API, you don’t have to keep tabs on hundreds of individual editors. It will deliver your feed news from all sources without you having to do anything. Here are the main features you can expect from the service if you choose to use it:
- Access over 7500 international news publishers and blogs from 50 countries in 13 different languages.
- Keep up to date with the latest news with the latest news updates coming every minute.
- The data is delivered in a structured and readable format.
- Get data from all popular and renowned news sources such as NY Times, CNN, MSNBC, ESPN, Euro News, BBC, Guardian, Al Jazeera, etc.
- The REST API is built on a scalable API layer cloud infrastructure and delivers topical results in a lightweight, easy-to-use JSON format.
- Along with access to real-time news data, you also have access to historical news data.
- Secure data delivery: The Mediastack REST API delivers data using 256-bit HTTPS (SSL) encryption.
- The API supports multiple programming languages including JSON, XML, GeoJSON, etc.
- Specify your news sources: The API lets you specify your news sources, so you’re not bombarded with irrelevant news.
- If you don’t want to select news sources, but still want to reduce the amount of unnecessary data, the Mediastack API is here for you. It allows you to filter news by categories, countries, languages and keywords.
- Beginner-friendly: The Mediastack API comes with clear and beginner-friendly documentation. Anyone can get started in minutes without any hassle.
- Get started for free: There’s a generous free plan so anyone can get started without paying a dime.
As you can see, Mediastack brings all the features you might need from such a service. My favorite thing about Mediastack is the ease of use. It’s so easy to set up that anyone can do it. Even if you don’t have an ounce of coding language, you will be able to configure the Mediastack REST API. Another good thing about the Mediastack REST API is its pricing. The price makes it affordable for most users, even if you don’t own a big business. We will discuss it next.
Price and availability
Mediastack offers a pricing strategy based on API usage. This means that if you don’t need to receive millions of API calls every month, you can get it at an affordable price. The service even offers a free plan that doesn’t require you to enter credit card or any other payment information. This means you can check it out without committing to anything.
the the free version gives you access to 500 API calls every month and places no restrictions on data sources. So you can aggregate news data from all sources, just like a paying customer. However, it comes with several other restrictions. First of all, you cannot use the free plan for commercial purposes. Also, there is no HTTPS encryption in the free plan.
If you want those features, you can go with the Standard plan that costs $24.99 per month ($19.99/month if billed annually). In this plan, you get 10,000 API calls/month and all other features like HTTPS encryption, historical data access, etc. If you need to make more API calls, you can opt for the Professional plan which costs $99.99 per month ($79.99/month if billed annually). You get everything in the standard plan, plus the ability to make 50,000 API calls per month.
Finally, there is the Business plan which allows you make 250,000 news requests per month. The plan will cost you $249.99 per month ($199.99 if billed annually). If none of these plans meet your needs, you can also contact the company to get a custom plan created just for you. Click on the link below to get your personalized quote.
Mediastack REST API: Get fast and reliable global news data
If you need an API that lets you aggregate data from thousands of news sources so you can keep tabs on global trends and make informed decisions, the Mediastack REST API is for you. With easy setup, reasonable price and fast performance, it will meet all your requirements. So, click on the link above and check it out.