Find out which articles and blog posts on WATTAgNet attracted the most readers in September 2019.
1. 4 cage-free house issues that growers may not have considered
The future of cage-free egg production has been a regular topic of discussion within the egg industry for some time now.
2. Sanderson takes a look at vegetable protein and the sandwich feud
As a growing number of the world’s major poultry companies branch out into plant protein production, Sanderson Farms will not be one of them.
3. Cargill Ends Whole Turkey Production in Waco, TX
Cargill will end production of fresh and frozen whole turkey at its Waco, Texas plant in November, the company confirmed.
4. Sanderson: fear of ICE led to less boneless dark meat
There could be a direct relationship between the increased supply of chicken thigh quarters in the United States and the August raids by U.S. Immigration and Customs Officers (ICEs) in a handful of Mississippi poultry plants, said the CEO of Sanderson Farms.
5. BLOG: I must give the HSUS credit where it is due
Roy Graber: I’m not normally the type to sing the praises of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).
6. BLOG: McDonald’s doesn’t dazzle with new chicken offerings
Roy Graber: Just as I wrote my last blog post wondering who else would be joining the Big Chicken Sandwich Battle of 2019, I got an answer.
7. Sanderson Farms Obtains Subpoena From US Department Of Justice
Sanderson Farms has revealed that it has received a subpoena from the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) over court cases in which Sanderson Farms and other large poultry companies in the United States are accused of plotting to raise the price of chicken .
8. Jamaica Broilers acquires the Gentry poultry plant
The Jamaica Broilers Group continues to expand in the United States, with the company entering into an agreement to acquire the Gentry’s Poultry Company plant in Ward, South Carolina.
9. Suit accuses the best poultry companies of fixing wages
Eighteen of the largest poultry companies in the United States are among the defendants in a lawsuit filed on behalf of three former poultry factory workers who claim the companies conspired to set the wages of factory workers.
10. Dakota Provisions Launches Dakota 44 Retail Turkey Brand
Dakota Provisions announces the launch of its first consumer turkey brand, Dakota 44.